Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Dave Goetz responds to earlier post

Just got an email from Dave Goetz about this post and he was concerned that I didn't characterize his interview response correctly. Let me make an effort to clarify:

In the interview Dave did NOT say that NEW sources of revenue would be required if tobacco taxes and lottery proceeds declined in the future and were not enough to fund the education initiatives. He said that growth in existing revenue sources would be sufficient to offset these declines.

In the original post I said, "Dave Goetz, who is a straight shooter, sad NO, at some point in the future, other revenue sources will have to be found."

The point I was trying to make was that sources "other" than the lottery and tobacco tax would need to be used but Dave's point is well taken, I didn't make it clear that he was talking about existing revenue sources.