Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Taxpayer tired of personal use of vehicles

in Roane County.

Link

"I'm tired of getting slapped in the face every day from vehicles traveling in and outside the county, vehicles going to ball practice, vehicles owned by the county that are taking kids to school," Robertson said. " ... I'm speaking of the building inspector Mr. Glen Cofer, which I have no personal vendetta at all. I'm a taxpayer and I don't want to be smacked in the face anymore."

Cofer ignored questions by the Roane County News when approached for a response.

Robertson said he feels fleeced each time he sees Cofer's county vehicle at a ball game.

"If you're going to buy me a vehicle and pay the high fuel cost for me, then let's do it for all the taxpayers," Robertson told the commissioners.