In the last month alone, John has:
- persuaded the town of Sea Girt to disclose more clearly and usefully the subjects they discuss behind closed doors,
- persuaded Somerset County to stop charging illegally high fees for copies of documents,
- launched an effort to persuade Monmouth County to disclose a settlement agreement in a sexual discrimination lawsuit,
- filed a complaint against the Long Hill school board to obtain copies of documents pertaining to possibly inappropriate online comments made by a member of the school board, and
- initiated a campaign to change New Jersey's open records law so that attorneys for public agencies have an incentive to ensure that the agencies comply with open records requests in good faith.