Monday, January 07, 2008

Larry Daughtrey says Circus is in town

The Tennessee General Assembly Circus is in town and will start performances on Tuesday:

Link

Unlike the Harlem Globetrotters, in Nashville for a one-night stand today, the legislature is a guarantee of almost six months of uninterrupted fun. The main difference is that the Globetrotters are funny on purpose.

[...]

Like the lady in bathrobe, slippers and hair curlers who showed up at the front desk of a downtown hotel at 4 a.m. "I'm so embarrassed. I'm Senator So-and-So's wife and I've locked myself out of my room." The clerk handed over a key.

Inside the room, the soon-to-be former wife found her husband in bed with a strange woman. She snatched a mostly empty whiskey bottle off the dresser and delivered a mighty whack to the senator's forehead.

By the time the emergency room finished the stitches, everybody at the Capitol knew the story. No one remembers what else the legislature did that year.