Sunday, March 16, 2008

"Private Property" is so much more than property

Our right to own property and be secure in that ownership is not about greed or accumulating "things", it is about security and dignity and mutual respect. It is absolutely essential for any claim we make to being sovereign as individual citizens.

Ask 83 year old Bernie Garcia. Here is what she said:
"'Hell no,' I told him. That was my purse. I was fighting for what was mine."
Link

"They got caught and I'm so glad," Garcia said.

She said she felt fine after the attack, and police say she declined medical attention at the scene. But when she got home, she said, she felt faint and went to bed and woke up Thursday very sore. Her son, a former firefighter, checked her out and found no broken bones.

"My son said, 'Why didn't you just give (the purse) up?'" Garcia said. "'Hell no,' I told him. That was my purse. I was fighting for what was mine."