Friday, May 30, 2008

IRS worker indicted for snooping into 200 celebs

tax returns. This is probably just the tip of the iceberg. Every taxpayer in the US has their entire financial family history recorded by the IRS, the temptation is simply too great. Lets make the reasonable assumption that 95% of IRS workers are honest and would not snoop. Thats means the other 5% have complete access to data which is absolutely vital to the privacy of most citizens. This is completely unacceptable. This is just another very good reason to abolish the federal income tax.

Link HT: Club for Growth
MAY 30--An Internal Revenue Service employee snooped on the tax records of about 200 celebrities and athletes, confessing to investigators that he accessed the confidential material out of "curiosity." John Snyder, a 56-year-old tax examiner from Cincinnati, was named this month in a misdemeanor criminal complaint charging him with accessing the computerized accounts of "at least 202 taxpayers," almost all of which were Hollywood figures, sports stars, and "well-known Cincinnati-area individuals."