Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Some refreshing honesty from Govt Union Leaders

This IS refreshing and honest. Public Employee unions are clearly the adversaries of taxpayers. The bank accounts of taxpayers are their ONLY source of funds and if they have to use the coercive force of government to come after our bank accounts, so be it.

Just wish our elected representatives were as effective in representing the interests of taxpayers, sadly they are NOT.

And to hell with the public.

"I'm not running a popularity contest here," Mesley said. "If I'm the bad guy to the average citizen . . . and their taxes have go up to cover my raise, I'm very sorry about that, but I have to look out for myself and my membership."

Mesley added: "As the president of the local, I will not accept 'zeroes.' If that means . . . ticking off some taxpayers, then so be it."